Midas PR is the UK’s leading independent agency in publishing and the arts. We are looking to appoint a motivated & innovative book publicist to join our publishing team working across a range of high profile authors, book genres, publishing imprints as well as publishing industry initiatives, awards, events and festivals. This is an exciting opportunity for a brilliant publicist looking for their next career step and with our varied list of clients. The position would suit a book publicist who is interested in working on exciting events that go beyond a standard book PR campaign and who wants to break out of genre specific book PR.
You will be delivering creative and impactful publicity campaigns for a range of Midas PR’s publishing clients, and would be expected to work closely with national media across broadcast, print and digital, run impactful social media campaigns, and organise author tours, press events, bookshop launches and deliver outstanding media coverage to promote our clients.
Our publishing industry clients include Cheltenham Literature Festival, Audible, Books are My Bag, Wellcome Book Prize, Crime Fest & London Book Fair. Publishers we work with include Little Brown, Macmillan, Bonnier, Quercus, Walker, Atlantic, Private Eye and Historic England. Authors we work with include Peter James, Patrick Ness, Rosanna Lee, Peter May, Shamim Sarif, Bruce Parry, Amanda Owen, Linda Nolan, Ian Hislop, Charley Boorman and Dixe Wills.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven track record of book publicity campaigns, minimum 3 years book publicity experience
- Flexibility to work on book campaigns across different book genres including (but not limited to) literary fiction, commercial fiction, crime, romance, children’s, celebrity, travel,
- Motivated and passionate about books and the publishing industry
- Self-started who is happy to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong contacts within UK media and familiarity with PR through traditional and social media
- Strong organisational and event management skills
- Cheerful, enthusiastic and up for a challenge
The role is a full-time permanent position, based at our offices in Kensington.
Midas PR offers a competitive salary and benefits.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.