This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for children’s books and proven track record with key contacts in the children’s book world to join the marketing team of Bloomsbury Children’s Books. Bloomsbury is the home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman. This role reports to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity.
Reporting to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity, the Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager will implement integrated publicity campaigns for the children’s trade list and work on key authors such as Greg James and Chris Smith, Jessie Burton, Sarah Crossan and Katherine Rundell.
- Create and drive marketing campaigns for key children’s titles across picture book, non-fiction, fiction and YA lists
- Manage a marketing team comprising of Marketing Executive and Assistant
- Work closely with the children’s publicity team to ensure campaigns are integrated and complementary
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) and promote the Bloomsbury brand and authors
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Develop new marketing partnerships for the children’s list
- Management of individual title marketing budgets as well as overall spend
- Use social media to promote and create marketing moments online
- Create and manage strong relationship with editors across the children’s list
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of marketing
- Liaise with the global marketing and publicity teams to ensure that Bloomsbury titles are promoted globally whenever possible
- Attendance of editorial meetings, reading and feeding in the meeting and involvement in acquisition pitches
- Stay informed about new marketing insights, developments and opportunities
Experience / skills required:
- Significant experience of working in children’s books marketing
- An understanding of how to build and lead effective campaigns and how integrated all aspects of a marketing and publicity campaign have to be
- Full knowledge and understanding of the marketing mix, including digital and traditional advertising, DM, catalogues, promotions and research
- Particular knowledge of digital marketing, particularly community building, using social media, email, online advertising, analytics and SEO across different platforms
- Experience of line-managing staff, ideally a small team
- Experience of budgetary management and control
- Experience of product and/or brand marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good copy-writing, proof-reading and design-management skills
- Planning and organisational skills, creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
- Good time-management and people-management skills
- Experience of marketing products to the book trade, children, parents, librarians, teachers and schools
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional inter-personal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
This role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office – 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, current salary details and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sally Coleman, Human Resources Manager.