Hachette Children’s Group [HCG] is seeking a PR Executive, ideally with book trade or PR experience for a junior campaigns and administrative role.
This role reports into the Head of PR for pre-school, picture books, series, licensing and young & illustrated fiction and non-fiction. The PR Executive will support the Head of PR, Publicist and Press Officer on and be responsible for planning and implementing campaigns to deliver industry leading publicity for Hachette Children’s Group. The role will also lead on some key areas of team administration.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team at a leading children’s publisher. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in children’s publishing and a passion for creating a new generation of readers.
You’ll be working with best-selling picture book authors and illustrators and licensed brands across the Hachette Children’s Group, including Kes Gray and Jim Field, Lauren Child, Dermot O’Leary, Francesca Simon, Alex T. Smith, Rainbow Magic, Beast Quest and Pokémon to name but a few.
– The PR Executive will support the Head of PR, Publicist and Press Officer on the implementation of PR campaigns, and will also be expected to undertake independent planning and implementation of their own campaigns, within budget
– Building networks and creating strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and key influencers
– Writing compelling trade and consumer press releases
– Main point of contact for regional festivals
– Competition placement across traditional media, online and social
– Compiling coverage reports/presentations for the Head of PR and Publicist as required
– Setting up events, and attend as required (office and out-of-office hours)
– Pushing coverage out on relevant social media channels
– Ensuring internal teams as well as authors and illustrators are informed of press coverage in a timely manner
– Helping deliver the Hachette Children’s Group awards strategy, in conjunction with the PR team
– Staying informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
– Working collaboratively with the wider PR team – with senior members of the team on campaigns and the PR Assistant on administrative tasks
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
– A passion for children’s publishing
– PC skills – including Powerpoint and Excel
– Organisational planning – ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload in a busy team
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Great communication skills – written and verbal
– Experience in the book trade an advantage
– Full, clean driving licence would be an advantage as the role may require the role holder to drive to locations around the country with their own or a company-hired car
Closing date: 6pm Friday 17th August 2018
Salary: circa. £24,500
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural