HarperCollins is one of the UK’s foremost, diverse and innovative multi-platform publishers. We publish a wide range of books, from cutting-edge contemporary fiction, to block-busting thrillers and from fantasy literature to children’s literature and enduring classics. We also publish a great selection of non-fiction titles, including history, celebrity memoirs, biographies, popular science, dictionaries, maps, reference titles and education books, and our digital business is thriving. With nearly 200 years of history, we publish some of the world’s foremost authors, from Nobel prize-winners to worldwide bestsellers. In addition, we also publish the works of Agatha Christie, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
The PR Executive in Children’s will work alongside the PR Campaign Director to support the implementation of innovative media and event campaigns for authors and brands across the HarperCollins portfolio as directed by the PR Campaign Director. Working closely with the wider Marketing, Brand and PR teams the aim is to support the successful implementation of integrated and innovative PR-led campaigns to drive profitable sales to raise and maintain the profile of our authors.
- Supporting the PR Campaign Director in the implementation of successful and innovative PR campaigns for specific authors/brands
- Support author events and tour activity by creating and maintaining author schedules, coordinating logistics, sending marketing materials and book stock and accompanying authors to events (some weekend and evening work required)
- Monitor media coverage and changes to the media landscape (on and offline), including influencer activity, and prepare regular reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Respond to media enquiries as well as proactively pitch feature ideas and other PR opportunities to journalists
- Attend regular meetings with journalists and influencers, growing your network of contacts
- Assist in drafting and distributing press releases and media statements
- Arrange for authors to speak to the media
- Assist in the management of external agencies to ensure campaigns are carried out to a high standard
- Managing personal administration and organisation to a high standard
- To support the PR Campaign Director with administrative support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Collaborative team player
- Highly creative
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role on agency or client-side
- Strong understanding of the UK media landscape
- Knowledge of the children’s publishing landscape, or the publishing industry would be desirable
- Creative and innovative
- Confident and calm under pressure
- Highly organised, proactive
- Enthusiastic and can-do
- Diplomatic yet firm
- Passion for children’s books and brands
- Sense of humour
Salary Range: £22,000 – £24,000
We’re based in the News Building which we share with our News UK and Dow Jones colleagues in the newly-established London Bridge Quarter, opposite the famous Borough Market. Our new open-plan office has amazing views across London, and includes a variety of break-out areas to aid inspiration and a collaborative approach, a multi-media suite, and a fabulous canteen floor and book shop.
Please apply via the link here with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Early applications may be prioritised.
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills, experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal information. We do require candidates to undergo employment screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Overview of HarperCollins
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING. Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility, helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks, learning from experience without blame and being both curious and willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest communication, being fair, principled and respectful.