Hachette Children’s Group [HCG] is seeking a publicity professional with a proven background in publishing, contacts in the media, and experience in handling media and events.
This is a key hands-on campaigns role reporting into the Head of PR. The Press Officer will be responsible for planning and implementing campaigns to deliver industry-leading publicity for pre-school, picture books, series, licensing and young & illustrated fiction and non-fiction titles.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team at a leading children’s publisher. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in children’s publishing and a passion for creating a new generation of readers.
You’ll be working with best-selling picture book authors and illustrators and licensed brands across the Hachette Children’s Group, including Kes Gray and Jim Field, Lauren Child, Dermot O’Leary, Francesca Simon, Alex T. Smith, Rainbow Magic, Beast Quest and Pokémon to name but a few.
– Press Officer responsible for planning, presenting, implementing and reporting on the effectiveness book PR campaigns
– Compile coverage reports, updates and presentations for campaigns
– Manage individual title campaign budgets
– Work closely with other departments to ensure campaigns are integrated and complementary
– Draft compelling trade and consumer press releases, schedule and pitch for wide pick-up
– Build networks with relevant reviewers, and other press contacts to secure reviews, competitions and interviews
– Manage relationships with the blogging community for blog tours, cover reveals, reviews, competitions and blogger parties
– Ensure internal teams as well as authors and illustrators are informed of press coverage in a timely manner
– Push coverage out on relevant social media channels
– Co-ordinate and implement events for HCG (within agreed budget) to promote our books, authors, illustrators and brands, helping to drive sales
– Develop relationships with key literary festivals, conferences, bookshops and libraries
– Travel with authors and attend a range of events
– Help deliver the Hachette Children’s Group awards strategy, in conjunction with the PR team
– Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
– Work collaboratively with the wider PR team
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
– A passion and knowledge for children’s publishing
– PC skills – including Powerpoint and Excel
– Organisational planning – ability to plan, prioritise and manage a varied workload in a busy team
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
– Experience in publicity, preferably within publishing
– Excellent knowledge of relevant media and relationships with key contacts
Closing date: 6pm Friday 17th August 2018
Salary: circa. £26,000
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette employs people on the basis of their abilities. We aim to attract and develop talent from a base as broad as the world of readers we want to reach, with a wide and representative range of age, faith, disability, race, gender, sexuality and socio-economic, regional and cultural