Location: Woodstock, Nr Oxford
Deadline for application: Friday 30 June 2017
Princeton University Press is an independent publisher with close connections, both formal and informal, to Princeton University. Our fundamental mission is to disseminate scholarship (through print and digital media) both within academia and to society at large.
About the role
We are looking for a Publicity Assistant to join our small but busy office. Assisting in seeking out publicity for trade, academic trade and academic books across a range of subject areas, the person we need will be enthusiastic, well-organized and proactive. Reporting to the European Publicity Manager, this is a busy and varied role.
Key tasks will include
- Assisting the European publicity team with a wide range of publicity and PR activities. These include:
- Providing administrative and logistical support to the Publicity team.
- Ensuring galleys, review copies, and press releases are sent in a timely manner.
- Researching media contacts.
- Monitoring and recording review coverage of PUP books.
- Updating and maintaining the Publicity database.
- Managing the twice-yearly seasonal catalogue mailing.
- Producing flyers and occasional posters and invitations.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and a flexible attitude.
- Proactive, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Good communication skills – via email, in person, and via the telephone.
- Comfortable communicating with many different people in different job functions and at different levels.
- Close attention to detail.
- Fully IT literate and able to pick up new processes quickly.
- Proficient users of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of InDesign beneficial.
- Experience with database work preferred.
- Experience of working in a busy office preferred.
This is a permanent position. It is based at Princeton’s European office which is in Woodstock, just north of Oxford. The office is accessible by car, bus, and bicycle from Oxford.
The main offices of PUP are in Princeton, New Jersey. PUP Europe is based in Woodstock outside Oxford. It is a small office comprising editorial staff, the International Rights Department, and the European publicity team.
Salary: Depending on skills and experience. PUP offers a full range of supporting benefits.
To apply: please email a cv and covering letter, plus current salary details and notice period to Julia Hall: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications Friday 30 June.