(Edinburgh or London)
Canongate, one of the UK’s leading independent publishers, is looking for a passionate and energetic Publicist to join our Campaigns team.
Our ideal candidate will be a creative self-starter with experience running publicity campaigns for a wide range of books and authors; excellent communication and organisational skills; close attention to detail; and a clear understanding of how marketing and publicity contribute to book sales. Responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and as part of a team to implement innovative campaigns across a broad list of titles
- Liaising with authors, agents, the media and partner companies
- Pitching and responding to media opportunities across print, broadcast and online media
- Organising and implementing events countrywide
- Involvement in running the company’s digital channels
The role is full time and be based in either Edinburgh or London, with travel between the two cities. Salary will be dependent on experience and location.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter in which you tell us which Canongate title you would most want to run a publicity campaign for. Addressed to Anna Frame, Head of Publicity, by Wednesday 15th November: firstname.lastname@example.org Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.