Our small, dynamic communications team is seeking a creative and energetic Publicity and Marketing Executive. Reporting to the Brand Director, the successful applicant will be responsible for planning and managing attention grabbing, integrated publicity and marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone with 1-2 years experience in publicity or marketing.
You will have a passion for children’s books, from baby board books all the way up to Young Adult. You will have excellent communication skills, be highly organised, able to multi-task and remain calm under pressure. You will be comfortable liaising across multiple stakeholders, both internal and external, including authors, illustrators, agents, booksellers, librarians, journalists and bloggers. You will be a team player, able to work independently, but always ready to support your colleagues and willing to think about the list as a whole, not only your assigned books.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing integrated publicity and marketing campaigns on and offline
- Organising and staffing sales-driven events for your authors and illustrators, including: school tours, festivals and bookshop signings
- Representing the company at conferences and industry meetings
- Developing and maintaining relationships with media contacts in order to secure review and feature coverage
- Engaging online communities and influencers to generate buzz around your books
- Briefing designers on marketing material – both digital and POS
- Contributing publicity and marketing ideas to pitches in the acquisition of new titles
- Ensuring the smooth running of the department by co-ordinating administrative and organisational tasks
- Video editing
About the Little Tiger Group:
The Little Tiger Group is the IPG Independent Children’s Publisher of the Year 2018. A creatively led independent publisher comprised of four imprints, each with its own distinct approach to creating engaging and inspiring books for children and young people. The group’s flagship picture book list, Little Tiger, focuses on heart-warming, humorous and beautifully-illustrated picture books. Caterpillar Books specialises in interactive novelty books for babies and young children. Stripes Publishing creates exciting commercial fiction for young readers and teens. 360 Degrees produces stunning, illustrated non-fiction.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter by Monday 23rd April to Lauren Ace email@example.com. Early applications may be prioritised.