Job Title: Publicity Assistant, Fiction
Reports to: PR Director
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the publicity team within HarperFiction to work on and support innovative campaigns for some of the leading names in fiction. HarperFiction is home to two of the UK’s most successful publishing estates in Agatha Christie and J. R.R. Tolkien, as well as to some of the UK’s biggest brands in George R. R. Martin, Cecelia Ahern, Karin Slaughter, and to chart-topping debuts in Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and The Woman in the Window. HarperCollins UK in turn is part of a global business within HarperCollins Worldwide and News Corp.
Purpose of the role
As directed by the PR Director, the Publicity Assistant will provide administrative support to help the team deliver exciting campaigns. You will also have the opportunity to manage campaigns across our digital first imprints, and to manage a variety of projects for the team independently.
- Provide general administrative support for the department including coordinating mailings, creating press releases, managing our social media presence, assisting on key author presentations, raising purchase orders, organising travel, and attending authors events.
- Provide campaign support for the PR Director on some of our highest profile books, including managing mailings, travel, social media schedules, press materials and blogger engagement.
- Responsible for the production of our media catalogue, which goes out to all relevant members of the press.
- Engaging with online communities and growing our social media presence.
- Liaison with key stakeholders within the division, Marketing, Sales and Editorial, to ensure they have the publicity support that they need
- Working closely with other members of the publicity team, manage elements of author campaigns where relevant
- Creating creative social media plans to ensure we communicate the publicity we secure effectively
- A passion for commercial fiction – from women’s fiction to crime and thriller, historical to literary
- Experience of managing, developing or creating a social and online presence, even if it is your own
- Any publishing or publicity experience would be a bonus, whether that’s work experience, experience as a bookseller or as part of a publishing society
Skills & Disposition
- A team player with excellent communication and people skills at all levels
- Innovative and creative
- A digital native or someone who embeds digital into all they do
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Helpful and flexible
- A strong eye for detail
- Fantastic organisation skills and ability to prioritise work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
More details here.