An exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for children’s books and proven track record with key contacts in the children’s book world to join the Children’s Publicity team at Bloomsbury, home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman.
Reporting to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity, the Publicity Manager will implement integrated publicity campaigns for the children’s trade list and work on key authors such as Lucy Worsley, Brian Conaghan and Katherine Rundell.
Create and drive publicity campaigns for key children’s titles across picture book, non-fiction, fiction and YA lists
- Work closely with the children’s marketing team to ensure campaigns are integrated
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) to promote titles, authors and Bloomsbury
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Develop new partnerships to the children’s list
- Management of individual title campaign budgets
- Use social media to promote and create publicity moments online
- Create and manage strong relationship with editors across the children’s list
- Effectively communicate with internal and external groups on all aspects of publicity and events
- Attendance of editorial meetings and involvement in acquisition pitches
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Experience working in children’s publicity team
- An understanding of how to build and lead effective campaigns
- A passion for children’s books across all formats and genres
- Good social media skills
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional inter-personal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
Salary Range: £27,000 – £33,00 depending on experience.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role, your salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com.
Please note in the subject line: ‘Publicity Manager PPC2609‘.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 26th September 2018.