HarperCollins is one of the UK’s foremost, diverse and innovative multi-platform publishers. We publish a wide range of books, from cutting-edge contemporary fiction, to block-busting thrillers and from fantasy literature to children’s literature and enduring classics. We also publish a great selection of non-fiction titles, including history, celebrity memoirs, biographies, popular science, dictionaries, maps, reference titles and education books, and our digital business is thriving. With nearly 200 years of history, we publish some of the world’s foremost authors, from Nobel prize-winners to worldwide bestsellers. In addition, we also publish the works of Agatha Christie, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis.
Our NonFiction division are looking for a Publicity Manager to join their team for a 12 month FTC. The NonFiction division at HarperCollins UK, one of the leading UK entertainment and lifestyle publishers with bestselling books like Bruce Dickinson, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Gill Sims. This role is part of the marketing communications team in NonFiction working to bring together fully integrated campaigns across marketing, PR and digital. The purpose of this role is to support the Marketing Communications Director and Senior Publicity Manager in delivering the marketing communications plans across NonFiction as well as implement joined up multi-channel campaigns with a clear focus on publicity.
- Implement publicity plans in line with agreed objectives including campaign planning, media pitching, author care and talent management.
- Deliver creative and stand-out publicity campaigns across both traditional and new media channels, on brief and within budget.
- Support events in conjunction with marcomms plans and objectives to raise the profile of authors and drive sales.
- Work closely with Editorial, Sales and Rights teams to ensure publicity opportunities are fully maximised and communicated across the Division.
- Maintain, develop and grow relationships with key journalists, agents and producers across all channels.
- Support a culture of collaboration, working closely with the wider marketing communications team to ensure that the comms output is single minded and joined up.
- Identify alternatives for more effective or efficient ways of working in marketing communications.
- Support the Marketing Communications Director and Senior Publicity Manager in finding innovative ways of increasing profit within the divisions, through both frontlist and backlist along with exploring new commercial opportunities.
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong publicity background in a content based business
- Some experience of working with high profile individuals desirable
- Excellent track record in generating great publicity coverage
- Experience of digital and traditional communications
- A passion for media brands and content marketing communications
- Experience in an editorially driven culture
We’re based in the News Building which we share with our News UK and Dow Jones colleagues in the newly-established London Bridge Quarter, opposite the famous Borough Market. Our new open-plan office has amazing views across London, and includes a variety of break-out areas to aid inspiration and a collaborative approach, a multi-media suite, and a fabulous canteen floor and book shop.
Please apply by logging in to www.harpercollins.co.uk and clicking on our current opportunities with your CV, cover letter and salary expectations. Closing date for applications is 15th March 2018. Early applications may be prioritised.
Please note: We consider all applicants based on their skills, experience and ability to do the job. We do not unfairly discriminate on the basis of convictions or other personal information. We do require candidates to undergo employment screening in accordance with the relevant local legislation. This will only happen at the point an offer of employment is made.
Overview of HarperCollins
Our mission at HarperCollins is to harness the power of great publishing and to amplify it through world class marketing, global strength, and relentless innovation. We are all working towards the same goal, and we do it guided by what matters most to us. The culture at HarperCollins is defined by our six values, which inform our everyday actions and the way we behave. From Finance to Editorial, our values shape the way we work.
PUTTING OUR AUTHORS AT THE HEART OF EVERYTHING. Their success is our first concern.
WORKING TOGETHER. Sharing responsibility, helping colleagues, listening well, embracing difference, and enjoying what we do.
LEARNING & ADAPTING. Taking smart risks, learning from experience without blame and being both curious and willing to change.
LOOKING OUT AS WELL AS IN. Understanding the consumer, the marketplace and the competitive environment.
LEADING NOT FOLLOWING. Staying ahead, looking to the future, being bold and always aiming to be the best.
INTEGRITY IN ALL WE DO. Timely, open and honest communication, being fair, principled and respectful.