This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for children’s books and proven track record with key contacts in the children’s book world to join the publicity team of Bloomsbury Children’s Books. Bloomsbury is the home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman. This role reports to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity.
Reporting to the Head of Children’s Marketing and Publicity, the Publicity Manager/Senior Publicity Manager will implement integrated publicity campaigns for the children’s trade list and work on key authors such as Sarah J Maas, Greg James and Chris Smith, and Sarah Crossan.
This is a full time role based in Central London.
- Create and drive publicity campaigns for key children’s titles across picture book, non-fiction, fiction and YA lists, as well as breaking out new authors
- Work closely with the children’s marketing team to ensure campaigns are integrated and complementary
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) and promote the Bloomsbury brand and authors
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Develop new partnerships to the children’s list
- Management of individual title campaign budgets
- Use social media to promote and create publicity moments online
- Create and manage strong relationship with editors across the children’s list
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of publicity and events
- Liaise with the global marketing and publicity teams to ensure that Bloomsbury titles are promoted globally whenever possible
- Attendance of editorial meetings, reading and feeding in the meeting and involvement in acquisition pitches
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
Experience / skills required:
- Experience in children’s publicity essential
- An understanding of how to build and lead effective campaigns and how integrated all aspects of a marketing and publicity campaign have to be
- A passion for children’s books across all formats and genres
- Good social media skills
- The ideal candidate will possess exceptional inter-personal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
This role is based at Bloomsbury’s London office – 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter, current salary details and notice period to email@example.com. Sally Coleman, Human Resources Manager.