We are recruiting for an experienced Publicity Manager with a genuine passion for children’s books and a proven track record with key contacts in the children’s book world to join the publicity team of Bloomsbury Children’s Books. Bloomsbury is the home to many bestselling household names, such as J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Neil Gaiman, Katherine Rundell, Michael Rosen, Sarah Crossan and David Tazzyman.
As Bloomsbury Children’s Books’ Senior Publicity Manager you will be responsible for implementing integrated publicity campaigns for the children’s trade list and working with our high-profile key authors.
- Create and drive publicity campaigns for key children’s titles across picture book, non-fiction, fiction and YA lists, as well as breaking out new authors
- Work closely with the children’s marketing team to ensure campaigns are integrated and complementary
- Build good relationships with media (print, broadcast and online) and promote the Bloomsbury brand and authors
- Work creatively alongside event and festival organisers to bring Bloomsbury authors to the public in new and dynamic ways
- Develop new partnerships to promote the children’s list
- Manage individual title campaign budgets
- Use social media to promote and create publicity moments online
- Create and manage strong relationship with editors across the children’s list
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders on all aspects of publicity and events
- Liaise with the global marketing and publicity teams to ensure that Bloomsbury titles are promoted globally whenever possible
- Attend editorial meetings, reading and feeding in the meeting and involvement in acquisition pitches
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Substantial experience in publicity of children’s books
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to build and lead effective campaigns and how integrated all aspects of a marketing and publicity campaign have to be
- A passion for and knowledge of children’s books across all formats and genres
- Good social media skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and organisational skills, in addition to creative flair
The role is a permanent full-time position based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. Bloomsbury Publishing offers a competitive salary, great development prospects and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The covering letter should include details of a large campaign that you have been responsible for, evidence of how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above and your salary expectations.
Please note in the subject line of your email: Senior Publicity Manager PPC1305
The closing date for applications for this role is 20th May 2018