The Book Publicist is looking for an experienced publicist to join our PR agency.
We are a boutique agency, leading the way in publicity for non-fiction books.
We manage PR for a range of books specialising in business and self-development, but also including autobiographies, parenting, health and cookery books. The Book Publicist has a growing list of clients and are retained by leading London publishers as well as working direct with authors on one-off launch campaigns and on-going author profiling and thought leadership PR.
- Planning and executing your own publicity campaigns
- Writing clear, concise and engaging press releases
- Brainstorming and researching ideas for campaigns
- Writing thought leadership articles and ‘top tips’ features for the media
Skills, knowledge, experience
- At least two years’ experience in books PR
- Excellent communication & copywriting skills
- Have great relationships with journalists
- Drive and ambition to get the best results for your books
- Determination and resilience – to maintain efforts until results are achieved
- Attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and able to balance multiple clients at one time
- Write persuasive press releases and pitches
- Have an interest in current affairs and an understanding of topical news
- Enjoy working as part of a team
If this sounds like a job for you, then please get in touch….
We offer competitive salary, dependant on experience. The role is a full-time permanent position based in our office in Hay on Wye. However, in order to get the right candidate we are also happy to consider part time and home working arrangements.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 28 February.