Communications Manager / Senior Manager
Location | London – hybrid working, to be determined by circumstances
Period | Full-time, permanent
Salary | £30-40,000, relative to experience
Are you a savvy, well-connected book publicist with fresh ideas, buckets of enthusiasm, and the ability to run strategic, ambitious, prize-winning campaigns? Do you live and breathe fiction – whether it’s literary, crime, translated, commercial or genre – but feel equally at home with the occasional non-fiction title, and are ready to contribute to a very varied client portfolio? Do you have a proven track record of impressing authors at all levels of their career, and know how to go the extra mile to achieve the best results for their brands?
FMcM, one the UK’s leading communications agencies in literature and the arts, wants to hear from you. We are growing our client network all the time, and are keen to expand our dynamic, driven publicity team with a candidate that will help us deliver results.
- Creating and implementing outstanding campaigns, independently and as part of a team
- Nurturing relationships with key journalists, booksellers, event curators and influencers across all channels
- Managing the smooth running of client events and tours independently
- Managing client and author relationships across your portfolio of work
- Supporting the team with work across a variety of new business pitches
- Identifying and building relationships with potential new clients in the publishing space and in your own sphere of influence
- Building your industry profile by attending and participating in industry events
- Strong awareness of the current media landscape and UK literary scene
- Excellent contacts within the genre fiction reviewing community – including crime and historical
- Demonstrable experience of delivering creative book campaigns
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills
- Proven copywriting skills, from press releases to social media content
- Basic InDesign skills
About FMcM | We are an award-winning communications consultancy that specialises in literature and the arts, with an impressive client list and a big reputation. fmcm.co.uk
FMcM is an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
How to apply | To apply for this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV, together with an example of your work and covering letter addressing how you meet requirements of the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org.