Head of Publicity at Elliott & Thompson
Elliott & Thompson, the publisher of million-copy selling author Tim Marshall’s Prisoners of Geography and The Power of Geography, is looking for a Head of Publicity to join them to help grow the company to the next level. Working across a range of exciting non-fiction, including history, biography, politics and nature-writing this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and dynamic senior publicity manager to join one of the UK’s fastest growing independent publishers. The successful candidate will utilize their strong publicity background to deliver campaigns for titles across the Elliott & Thompson list. You will work closely with the editorial and sales teams as well as freelance publicists to devise and implement commercially effective campaigns in the UK and internationally.
Organised, confident and enthusiastic, you will demonstrate the ability to think strategically and creatively and be comfortable working on multiple campaigns simultaneously. The role is an exciting next step for someone who is looking to take on more responsibility and become a leading voice in shaping Elliott & Thompson’s next phase of commercial growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing and managing creative and effective publicity campaigns across print, broadcast, podcast and online media
- Briefing and co-ordinating freelance publicists
- Managing the publicity budget
- Building relationships with key influencers, journalists, bloggers and vloggers in order to increase coverage for Elliott & Thompson titles
- Growing the trade and consumer media coverage for the Elliott & Thompson brand
- Working with bookshops, venues and festivals to organise author events
- Providing excellent author care
- Circulating reviews, plans and materials to the sales and editorial teams
- Working with the Sales team to secure in-store visibility for our titles and our brand
- Contributing to Elliott & Thompson’s website and social media content
- Devising and implementing the strategic vision for Elliott & Thompson’s social and mobile presence
- Establishing creative partnerships with the entire Elliott & Thompson team
- At least 6 years’ experience in a publicity function in a publishing, media or arts background
- Experience of planning and implementing successful publicity campaigns
- Comprehensive knowledge of current and evolving online and traditional media challenges and opportunities
- Good copywriting skills
- Excellent knowledge of social media
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Experience of managing a budget
- Strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- An eye for detail and good copy
This is a full-time role and will be based in London, though the company is still operating with flexible working guidelines at the current time.
Salary: £35,000–£40,000 pa, depending on skills and experience.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is midday Tuesday 11th January.