£Competitive – Central London
Andersen Press has a fantastic opportunity for somebody with a passion for children’s books to join our small, dynamic and creative team working collaboratively on events, press and marketing. You will be leading on your own campaigns, plus providing support to the PR Director and Head of Marketing for our high-profile campaigns. You will be working across our exciting and varied list from well-loved pre-school brands such as Elmer the Patchwork Elephant and Little Princess, through to top fiction publishing, The Bolds, and prize-winners such as Melvin Burgess.
You will be enthusiastic, creative and resourceful with the ability to juggle a varied workload. You will be an exceptional communicator with strong social media skills and a proactive approach. Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills are essential. Experience of working with InDesign and Photoshop is desirable and previous experience in book publishing is highly preferred.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone in an assistant role, ready to make the jump up a level.
The main responsibilities include:
- Working with the media and press by co-ordinating mailings, creating press releases and researching new media opportunities
- Planning and overseeing campaigns for a variety of titles, including liaising with press, online influencers and organising sales driving events
- Supporting the PR Director and Head of Marketing across high profile campaigns such as the annual Elmer Day campaign
- Coordinating awards submissions for all Andersen titles
- Curating and creating content for Andersen’s social media platforms and maintaining a network of online influencer contacts
- Organising author events, including school tours, festival appearances, book launches and bookshop events
- Attending events, festivals and librarian conferences where necessary to support authors and promote Andersen titles.
- Using InDesign and Photoshop to create assets, including press releases, marketing materials and social media graphics
- Liaising with the Klaus Flugge Prize team to organise the annual award ceremony
To apply: Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 18th February