Publicity Executive – 2+ years experience (Edinburgh)
Canongate, one of the UK’s leading independent publishers, is looking for a passionate and energetic Publicist to join our growing Campaigns team. This is a full-time role reporting to the Publicity Director.
Our ideal candidate will be a creative and passionate self-starter with at least two years’ experience running publicity campaigns for a wide range of books and authors; excellent communication and organisational skills; close attention to detail; and a clear understanding of how marketing and publicity contribute to book sales. Responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and as part of a team to implement innovative campaigns across a broad list of titles
- Liaising with authors, agents, the media and partner companies
- Pitching and responding to media opportunities across print, broadcast and online media
- Organising and implementing events countrywide
- Taking an active role in running the company’s digital channels
The role will primarily be based in Edinburgh, but with frequent travel to London.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Anna Frame, Publicity Director, by midday on Friday 9th November: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.
We will keep your information securely until 14th December. Unless you are the successful applicant, all of your information will be deleted and destroyed from our systems at that point.