Do you have what it takes to start a national conversation? Be instrumental in creating bestsellers? Do you want to help spread the word about some of the most exciting nonfiction books out there?
We are looking for a senior member of our publicity team to lead the way in securing the most dynamic and impactful media coverage for some of today’s greatest thinkers around the world.
We publish a diverse and exciting list of voices and books, more recently such heavy-hitters as Reni Eddo-Lodge and her phenomenal Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race, a case for Universal Basic Income Utopia for Realists by Rutger Bregman, and a new history of the world The Silk Roads by Peter Frankopan. We have an incredible line-up for next year too including Outrage is the New Black by Radio 1Xtra presenter Ashley Dotty Charles, the authorized history of Britain’s secret intelligence agency GCHQ, a major biography of Lucian Freud, a history of the East India Company by William Dalrymple and She Said by Megan Twohey and Jodi Kantor, the Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists who broke the Weinstein story.
- Planning and executing your own publicity campaigns
- Securing media coverage for high-profile authors and exciting debuts
- Starting conversations across the country, and maximising book sales
Skills, knowledge, experience
- At least three years’ experience in books PR
- Excellent communicator
- Have great relationships with journalists
- Be full of ambition for your books
- Great attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes unpredictable environment
- Produce creative, original and persuasive press releases and pitches
- Have an interest in current affairs and be engaged with what’s going on in the UK and across the world
- Want your books to be part of the conversation and where possible, be agenda-setting
- Enjoy working as part of a team that loves to collaborate
If this sounds like a job for you, then please get in touch….
This is a permanent, full-time position based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP. Bloomsbury Publishing offers a competitive salary and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, your salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line: Publicity Manager BM1012
The closing date for this role is Monday 10th December 2018.