Job title: Senior Press Officer, Adult Fiction & Non-Fiction (Full time permanent)
Reports to: Head of Publicity
Location: Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London. With flexible home working up to three days per week – with flexibility required around author tours and media days
Imprint: All adult (Zaffre, Manilla Press, Blink, John Blake and Lagom as required)
Salary range: £27,000 – £33,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has come up in the Bonnier Books UK adult trade PR team for a dynamic PR professional who will be responsible for their own authors and campaigns.
The position is ideal for a keen self-starter, with a track record of delivering successful campaigns, who is looking for the next step.
If you want to work for a publisher with a difference, we want to hear from you.
Under the supervision of the head of publicity, you will plan, organise, and implement publicity campaigns for adult fiction and non-fiction titles, from imprints Zaffre, Manilla Press, Blink, John Blake and Lagom as required. You will also be responsible for assisting other members of the publicity team and occasional administrative duties as required.
You will be in a position to initiate and carry out campaigns, and ready to learn how to progress and grow on the job. It is a fun and busy role – and requires an individual who can juggle numerous tasks, prioritize effectively, and remain calm under pressure.
Duties will include but are not limited to: creating campaign plans, writing press releases, creating media lists using Cision/Gorkana, contacting journalists about interview opportunities and serial interest, identifying and engaging key influencers in non-traditional areas, sending review copies, following up queries, accompanying authors to interviews, and assisting with book signing tours and events associated with key titles.
Not only will you pitch for press coverage, but you will help create pitches to bring new titles into the business. You may also find yourself working on two new imprints focused on music and business. We are a small but collaborative team, cross-promoting across imprints and supporting our colleagues through busy times. A willingness to muck in is essential.
The aim is to achieve the best possible media coverage leading up to and beyond publication, working closely with our editorial, sales, social media and marketing teams. The net result: great campaign, great sales, happy author, impressed agent, and a connected team.
Essential job functions/responsibilities
- Create publicity campaigns for books from Zaffre, Manilla Press, Blink, John Blake and Lagom imprints
- Read early copy/proofs of campaign titles to draw out key themes and create a PR plan
- Draft press releases for trade and consumer media for book campaigns
- Pitch for and secure author profile slots across press, TV & radio around publication
- Pitch for and coordinate author signings/talks/Q&As across retailers and/or literary festivals
- Provide media with relevant author and title information ahead of interviews
- Coordinate press days when relevant ahead of book publication
- Continue to build strong relationships with book editors, feature writers, TV bookers and radio producers
- Discover and develop new links
- Book and coordinate travel for book signing tours when required, assisting publicists and helping as needed
- Assist with book launch events as required
- Work closely with PR director & head of publicity and support across big campaigns when required
- Attend inter-departmental campaigns and sales meetings
- Process PR related invoices – get approved, scan and send to accounts
- Prepare book mail outs and ad hoc review copies.
- Represent the publicity team at relevant industry events and networking opportunities
- Be a team player!
Qualifications and experience
- Strong track record of delivering successful adult fiction and non-fiction publicity campaigns
- Experience managing expectations, apprehensions, budgets, reporting on KPIs and a proven ability to adapt publicity strategies to the key audiences
- Excellent communication skills, and an ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external team-members
- Ability to identify key components to create a successful campaign, deliver according to sales targets, and prioritise effectively
- Skilled in author development and developing long-term strategies to build and grow consumer awareness
Closing date is 27th July 5pm. Apply here https://emp.jobylon.com/jobs/89950-bonnier-books-uk-senior-press-officer-adult-fiction-non-fiction/